Monday, August 27, 2007

Trips

I would love to go on a real vacation. I haven't done that in ages. If I could go anywhere, where would it be? Who would go with me?

If I was taking my family I'd like to do a few different things. The first thing they HAVE to get in a plane and see the ocean. I can't believe my husband has never been to the ocean. It breaks my heart almost. Even in the middle of the country, I feel the ocean calling. I just want to go run in the ocean, feel the sand under my feet, squishing in my toes. Shoot, while we are at it, we could go to California and visit the redwoods, or go camping in Washington state. Beautiful country. It amazes me how some parts of this land are so pretty. Kansas is OK, but it's not all that pretty.

Another place I'd like to take my family is on a historical trip. Boston, Philadelphia, that sort of thing. I went to Boston over a year ago and it was so cool to see the history. Kansas is cool because it has very interesting Civil War history, especially Lawrence. But just the age of some of the buildings on the East Coast is amazing to me.

That leads to my other dream vacation. Ireland. Well, acutally, anywhere in the UK or the Republic of Ireland. Speaking of beauty and history. I would be there in a second if I had the money. I really would love to see some castles and stuff like that. If the kids didn't go, I'd so go check out some of the haunted stuff. I hear they have tours and such.

With no kids, I would pick New York City. I fell in love with that place when I visited for work. There is so much to do and see. I would love to take my husband to NYC. I think he'd love it too.

Another thing I want to do is to tour the country and ride all the roller coasters I can. I love roller coasters. Would I take my kids? Doubtful. Both of them have been crazy scared of things lately. Who knows. They may grow up by the time I get rich enough for this trip though!

1 comment:

captain corky said...

I really want to go camping and fishing out west. When my son is older I'm going to do that for sure.