Monday, August 20, 2007

So

The kids are at school. The husband is at work. NOW WHAT? I'm currently cleaning off my desk. You see, I have a horrible habit of putting things on my desk that have no business on a desk. I also got a new monitor, but there is NO way that thing will be on this desk at this rate. SO, here I sit with a trash can next to me. Of course this leads to distraction. I started writing this about 20 minutes ago. I got side tracked by the Garbage Pail Kids on my desk. Then I had to google them. Then add to it odd things on my desk. So far, the weirdest is 2 Christmas ornaments. What month is this? I'm sure it's not December!

The cool part of being here alone. No tv. Now don't get me wrong, I like to watch tv, but sometimes I would love for it to not be on. In fact, I have the winamp going and only have to listen to what I want. Oh, yeah, Mondays will be good for that. Right now, Black Flag is playing and I don't have to listen to the tv over powering it and I don't have to hear anyone else's music even louder.

But, the bad part. If you have ventured over to my other blog, the one about the kids' sports and stuff, you know that I love to run the kids around. I don't have anything to do today. NOTHING. And oddly, there are no activities tonight either.

If I find anything else cool on my desk, I'll edit this. But, before I hit "publish post, I've got a Ryne Sandberg card and a Danny Manning card on this side of the desk. Now we head to side two.

7 comments:

Kenny said...

Bite me.

nikki said...

whatever booger head. What do you do when no one is home? Crank up your music EVEN LOUDER.

Sunshine said...

Completely useless comment #7814: I wanted to name my younger son Ryne because I think that's a cool name. Hubby vetoed it maintaining that everyone would get mixed up. Fun hater.

captain corky said...

I was so inpired by this post that I turned off my TV a second ago. Now what do I do? ;)

nikki said...

mixed up with what? My husband, since he's already commented will likely not read this again, so I'll just say, that he would have not allowed Ryne either. BUT, part of it would have been that we have a one syllable last name, so it wouldn't flow. BUT, the other reason would be that he doesn't like the same sports stuff as me and would NEVER let me name a kid something after a sports person. That is why our son is named after a musician.

Corky, it's now 12 hours since you posted. I hope you haven't been sitting here refreshing your page for 12 hours and found something to do.

captain corky said...

Still sitting here Nikki. :)

nikki said...

Oh crap Corky, I left you hanging. I would say put in a video game since the computer is still on - or even gameboy. They also make these things called books. VERY interesting thing. AND, there are plenty of things that can be done around the house. I'm sure. Ask your wife for suggestions.