Monday, August 6, 2007

The weekend

So, Saturday was busy. We found out a church was handing out backpacks with supplies to kids in K-6th. We went there and of course it was packed, but the kids got their backpacks. Amory wanted a character bag though, so he was happy to get stuff, but wanted a different bag. Since we saved money, I agreed, and he's giving his to a friend that has a bag that's all torn up. Anyway, it's his first year, he should have a bag he loves! He ended up getting a star wars backpack. He's all packed and ready.

After that, we had to take the dogs to the vet to get their stitches removed. Smokey, the bigger dog was NO problem. Flipped him over, snip, snip, done. Zeus, the min-pin, only had one stitch, but my goodness, that little shit was hard to hold down. Then, it turns out, when he was there for the surgery and boarding, they forgot to do his shots. So, we had that ordeal too.

We came home, and headed to target. My kids think that target is the pinnacle of fine dining. Seriously, they BEG to eat at target. So, we eat, and look at school supplies. There were a few things they didn't have in the bags. And, we picked up the star wars backpack. We thought about going to wal-mart too, but we went home. We did end up at walmart later and picked up the very last things for school supplies. Both kids also got binders even though they don't need them. But, they pay for those with their allowance. The mean mom that I am, I made Corey pay for her spirals too. I will pay the $.10 it costs for a plain one, but the $2 it costs for Corbin Bleu, she has to pay. She got a few plain and 3 "fancy" ones. She's happy.

Sunday, my mom took us school clothes shopping. I got Amory some converse all stars for $11. There was one pair and they were his size. I was NOT leaving them in the store. Anyway, we ate lunch at JR's place GREAT food. We got tons of stuff. Came home and relaxed. I did go to bed a bit early.

Today, we hope to run around downtown, but the darn kids won't wake up!

4 comments:

Jay said...

A Star Wars backpack shows that you are a family of great taste.

nikki said...

Well, we try ;)

captain corky said...

"My kids think that target is the pinnacle of fine dining."

Funny... So does this guy I know, his name is Captain Corky.

nikki said...

Well, they have chicken strips and pizza. I guess that's the marker for these things.