Monday, July 30, 2007

Today is National Cheesecake Day!

I wish I had the $$ to go get me some too. Man I love cheesecake. I do NOT like the jello kind. I'll eat it for the flavor if desperate, but I don't eat gelatin generally so anyway. What kind of cheesecake do I like? Well, there is the obvious plain. I like them alot. I use lemon zest in mine and it gives it a bit more tang. Yummy. I will eat those with berries (raspberry is my least fave). I have tried banana cream, dulce le leche caramel (VERY sweet, but yummo), chocolate chip, and chocolate (I've made one and it was good). Now I could sit and drool on the cheesecake factory's menu all day. I really NEED to get myself to one of those places. I don't even need dinner. I'd eat dessert all day. Ok, but my FAVORITE cheesecake is pumpkin cheesecake. I make this (along with regular pumpkin pie) every thanksgiving. I could eat it non-stop. Seriously, I love pumpkin, but in cheesecake it's even better.

Do you like cheesecake? What kinds? Flavors you've tried and didn't like?

4 comments:

Jay said...

I've really never had any cheesecake that I didn't like. I usually go with the basic chocolate though.

Ever been to The Cheesecake Factory? Good stuff!

nikki said...

never been to cheesecake factory. The closest one is at least 45 minutes from here. I do WANT to go now that I have a good vehicle.

captain corky said...

I don't like cheesecake Nikki, but I do love chocolate. Does that count for anything?

Anonymous said...

I can't even TASTE and I like cheesecake... It's smooth and creamery (creamery?) and silky. Like silk, only you eat it.

Even though I missed the official date, I'm going to go get me some anyway.

Out of respect.