Saturday, July 7, 2007

dogs

When we bought a house, I was excited to be able to have a dog. I wanted an older dog from the shelter. Well, my mom takes my son to a breeders house who just happened to have a dog that was old and retired. We could have her (if we got her fixed). She's a Jack Russell Terrier. Good dog, too. She definitely has old lady attitude.

Well, fairly recently, my cousin tells us that his dogs were going to have puppies. His male was a dachshund/min pin. His female- pitbull/rot. So I say, OH THAT might be a cool puppy. Guess what, they had ONE puppy. It is cute. Guess who owns his dumb butt? Me. He is a definite puppy. Very crazy and goofy. Hope he calms down SOMETIME!

Now, my mom raises min pins. RAT DOGS! She ends up giving one to my daughter. Ok, it's kinda cute and it's not annoying like his mom and sister. (I don't know if it's breed specific or just them, but the females are horrible).

Ok, so this AM they all get out of the fence. The two younger ones found a way out. They took off. I can hear them on the wrong side of the house as I'm getting dressed. So, not dressed, I have to go out to chase two dogs. So, I open the gate and out runs the third. Well, she came back right away. Finally get the rat dog. My daughter comes out to help, and she's down the block. Apparently, the dog ran all the way down the street. The neighbor lady says "I feel for you." I know she does because her dogs do the same thing. At least our neighborhood isn't ultra picky about this stuff. But how the hell did I get 3 dogs???

No comments: