Monday, June 25, 2007

M is for MEME

Ok, so there is this blog ...and the pursuit of happiness and she had a cool meme so I decided to participate. The idea is the person gives you a letter. Ms. Sunshine gave me the letter M. Then you get to write about your ten favorite things beginning with that letter. If anyone one (of my other 2 readers) want to do it, let me know, I'll give you a letter and I promise not to pick something like X.

So, I get M mighty mighty M

1. Monday What's that you say? Yes Monday. I work 4 ten hour days. My day off is Monday! While most people are at work whining "I hate Monday." I'm usually at home chilling on the computer. Worst case, I have an appointment and have to go to that. This last semester, my husband switched to days so it was my son and I only. This school year, I may volunteer at the school more, because the evil one starts school all day. But, that's my choice!

2. message boards I'm so completely addicted to message boards. Well, it's not too bad any more. I go to blogs more. But, it's basically the same. I used to have a whole folder of message boards, now I spend most of my Monday on a birth month board that was from way back in October 2001. We started on ePregnancy and then that morphed in to geoparents. Then it went to sheKnows. It lost all semblance of what we liked and became a dictatorship. Plus, all the dads on there were NOT happy with the new name. Well, one group made a debate board that I was a part of for awhile (that split into another board that I am still half way a part of) and then we made our own birth month board. Recently I also made one for people who graduated with me. It's pretty slow, but we weren't a big class. But I check it a few times a day.

3. Music To me, music is so important. I love all music. Sticking the M theme is hard here as I love so much, but here are some M artists I like: me first and the gimme gimmes, Minor Threat, Glenn Miller, Miles Davis, Motley Crue (I know, but can't help liking them), Madball, Ministry, mudvayne, melvins, murphy's law, misfits, mix master mike, mr bungle, I'm sure there are more.

4. movies I love to watch movies. I refuse to strain my brain to think of all the M movies I like. But, I like movies. I don't like old old movies though. I just can't handle how hokey they are. I mean there are a few I like, but everyone raves about casa blanca and I just can't handle it.

5. Mail Well, good mail anyway. I like catalogs, packages, letters, and of course birthday cards with MONEY (I thought of using money as an M I like, but that's a given.) I don't like junk mail and bills though.

6. May The month? Not really. I mean the name. It's my last name now that I'm married. The month is OK, it's the last day of school, my husband's birthday, Memorial day, and Mother's day. But as a last name it's pretty good. My maiden name was Plummer so you get all those jokes. But, along with the name, you get the fact that I'm married to a great guy. I mean, he's awesome and he puts up with me. That's a good thing. I'm kinda annoying but then, so is he.

7. messy projects I like to make big messes at work. I work with 5 and 6 year olds. We love to make messes. We did the mentos thing. We made goo that was a sticky grossness. And, we are always gluing things and breaking things, and well, you get the idea. Oh, and mud puddles and water sprayers are always fun. I usually come home GRUBBY!

8. M&Ms Really, I like candy, but if you get down to it, I get m&ms the most often. I like plain. I'll occasionally eat peanut, but not often. I'm not a huge chocolate person, but I do eat quite a few m&ms.

9. Massachusetts Is that spelled right? yeah, I think it is. Ok, in fairness the only place I've been is Mass is Boston, but I loved it. We walked every where. I met a few of my online buddies for the first time, and had a bunch of fun. This would be a great place for a family vacation with all the history and stuff.

10. Motherhood Seriously, just being a mom is good. When your 5 year old walks in and says, "Mom, I need to borrow a peanut." And you say, "Borrow? Are you bringing it back?" Be prepared for the answer. He does plan on bringing it back. That smirk makes you think it's not a good idea. (He's planning to see what happens when you put in the nutcracker even though I told him those are for nuts with shells.)

honorable mention is Meme's (because sometimes I just have no idea what to write) and martial arts (because I like to watch my daughter's karate, and swords are cool.)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

good job on the meme and interesting ... and thank you for visiting my blog =)

Sunshine said...

M is for "Marvelous" job! And I tweaked my blogroll today....there you ARE!!

nikki said...

Thanks!

Dang, you have a lot of links! I'm not up to that many yet. I'm starting though.

captain corky said...

I've been going to Cape Cod, off and on, since I was a kid. It's amazing up there. If you ever get a chance you should check it out.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reply, and I'll definitely take that into consideration.