Sunday, June 24, 2007

Star Wars

Ok, so we all know star wars rules. BUT now my 5 year old realizes it too. He is constantly playing star wars on playstation. He also has MAD lightsaber skills. He flies off the deck with his lightsaber with great flair.

I have no clue how many lightsabers we have in this house. Every time he gets money, he buys a new one. He has the "build your own" one that he made into darth maul's.

He's finally watching the movies a bit more. He still can't sit for a whole two hours, but he is getting more. But honestly, I watch them when he puts them on so it's not too bad. I'm still sad that I don't have the ORIGINAL star wars (not episode 4). I know it's been said before about the scene with Greedo and Han, but wow it sucks now. I have the version where they shoot at "nearly" the same time. It looks bad and took away from the original. Ok, enough rambling, but did you know there is a conspiracy theory page on the whole thing? Very interesting. And does it bother anyone other than me that people keep calling it "episode 4" or "a new hope"? I mean, it's STAR WARS, the next one is The Empire Strikes Back, and then finally Return of the Jedi. I know they said what episode it was on the words scrolling up even originally, but who cares?

Then to add to me being neurotic, I have toys that my son can not play with. He asks me all the time if I am ready to open my Boba Fett yet. I'm not. Poor mistreated kid. In fairness, I have let him play with some things, but he is DESTRUCTIVE.

Well, I won't babble on any more now.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

I have schooled my offspring in the intense importance of Star Wars in everyday life.
I'm really like, "Everything you need to know, you can learn from George Lucas".

nikki said...

Oh totally. Unfortunately, my kids' motto seems to be "Never underestimate the power of the dark side."

captain corky said...

Very cool kid. Please don't be freaked out when you seem me and him playing Star Wars in the back yard tomorrow. I'm just a big dumb kid at heart. ;)