Monday, November 19, 2007

High School

So, there is this article in the local paper that has me thinking back. It's about band uniforms. It made me think about the uniforms we wore in high school band. Then, it got me wondering. What did everyone else do in high school?

Like I mentioned, I was in band. My favorite part was marching band. I was also in jazz band, percussion ensemble, and of course concert band was part of it. I also was on swim team. Swim team started when I was a little kid. I think I was about 10 when I started swim team. I did state in Nebraska for u12 one year. Placed 17th in backstroke (my worst thing) and that's it. I didn't place in anything else. It was fun though. I still love swimming. It's great exercise, I just wish I could get myself to the pool in the winter. I'm just too tired to get there. It's one of those things where you KNOW exercise is good for you and will liven you up, but you just have to get there first. I also ran track (sprints) all four years, but I sucked at that. Anyway, I think that's about all I did. I did volleyball freshman year and didn't really like it. I did cross country senior year for about a week. I was never supposed to run distance. Seriously, that's insane! Oh, something I did that isn't common knowledge, I did Miss TEEN Kansas when I was a junior. It was interesting. Even then it wasn't my thing, but what the heck, gotta try new things.

So, what did you do in high school? Do you miss it?

3 comments:

captain corky said...

I practiced Tae Kwon Do when I was in High School. I was really involved with it for many years. However, I was not very involved with HS at all. LOL.

Rick Rockhill said...

I Was yearbook editor, ran track and also was in band...played trumpet. fun post!

nikki said...

I forgot, I was in quiz bowl too. It's also called scholars bowl, knowledge bowl, stuff like that. It was fun.

I don't miss high school though. Just the things that we did. High school itself, not so much.