Monday, November 12, 2007

Picture Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I took this picture ONE year ago. At first glance I think that my kids haven't changed AT ALL. But, they have. Last year they were 5 and 9. This year they are 6 and 10. Why does that seem so much older? Ten is double digits. I remember being 10. I only remember some of 9, like breaking my finger. And six is on TWO hands not one. My daughter is a 4th grader now. That's not a little kid. She's growing so much, and learning so much. She still does the same sorts of things and is very strong willed. However, she's also learned to not be AS shy as she used to be. She now can do things in front of other people without being embarrassed. She also is all of a sudden, understanding math. She struggled with math for so long, but now she "gets" it. Her grades are those that anyone would be proud of.

Amory started school officially this year. He was the type of kid that couldn't sit still to color or cut. Letters were NOTHING to him. Now, just a few months in, he's coloring, cutting, and can read some words! He's still having a hard time doing what he should when it's sitting still too long, but he's getting there. He actually went to karate tournament this year and didn't freak out with the noise and activity. That's a great improvement.

Both these kids have their rotten moments, but they also have their amazing ones.

In case you want to see the rest of the pictures from that photo shoot (looking for a perfect picture for the Christmas cards) here they are.

2 comments:

captain corky said...

Your kids are very cute! ;) I remember thinking how serious it was to turn 10. "I'll never be a single digit age again." Or something like that. LOL

nikki said...

Thanks, I think they are adorable. :)