Monday, May 21, 2007

music meme from la daddy (see links)

Ok, so it's really from a post of his at blogfathers (also linked)

What song do you hear that takes you back to high school?
In highschool I listened to tons of stuff. I mean seriously from the 50's stuff my mom had around (Bill Haley is a favorite to this day) to the stuff that was out on the radio at the time (like Guns and Roses and Motley Crue,) and stuff that wasn't on the radio much (like Suicidal Tendencies, DRI, Billy Idol, Anthrax, Fabulous Thunderbirds) as well as Beastie Boys and such.

But the song that I didn't really listen to a lot, but that reminds me of high school is Come as you are by Nirvana. I swear. Why you may ask. It's because when it first came out, my friend Jeff played that on every instrument he could find. I mean, the guy is obviously a good musician, but dang get a new song. Now when I hear it on the radio I think of band class.

What song do you hear that really fills you full of regret?
Regret? The lion sleeps tonight because it reminds me of my dad. Makes me regret not hanging out with him more. You know teenagers, they don't hang with their parents. Now that he's gone, I don't get that chance. I don't regret much in life, but that's the main one.


What song restores your faith in humanity?
I guess I'm still looking for the faith. Ok, I'll say "I love chocolate milk" by scribble monster


What song truly makes you smile?
Most music does - well except sad songs, but even then it's a good thing. In the mood made popular by Glenn Miller


What song can’t you wait to play for your kid?
My kids listen to whatever we do anyway, so they've heard everything


What song didn’t used to mean anything to you… and now it really does make an impact?
no answer, still thinking


What song takes you back to college?
Anything by the Beastie Boys, DRI, Body Count, lots of things. I lived in the "arts" dorm. Lots of music. Oh, but I'll pick Rancid's Ruby Soho just because I had to defend my love for Rancid to the CCP (capital city punks) several times. The whole sell out thing is frustrating. I thought you made music SO you could make a living at it.

What song would be the first song on your iPod if you were stranded on a desert island?
Whatcha Want Beastie Boys (well, at this second!)


What band influenced you the most?

Suicidal Tendencies I guess. Good attitude.

1 comment:

nikki said...

Hey feel free to answer these either in your own place or here.