Monday, May 19, 2008

How's it goin'?

Well, things are good here. We've been running amok with the summer ball going on. I just posted about it on my kids sport blog. We got the kids' schedules for games and they are all on the same days of course. So, we have to miss a bit of each of the kids' games. It will all be running all summer long.

The kids get out of school on Thursday and I think they are looking forward to summer. I know Corey is, but Amory really loves school and his friends. They are both looking forward to being at the pool all summer long though. I do plan to keep them reading and stuff like that this summer. I don't like the summer slide, and I won't let it happen! They will come in next year at or above where they leave this year in reading and hopefully math.

So, this weekend, we went to a birthday party for one of Amory's friends. He was the only kindergartener going on the diving boards. The nut was also going off the highboard before any of the 4th graders would go off it. The kid is so insanely me it's not funny. His sister is so her dad. She watched the other kids go off the boards. I was always a swimmer and was always on the boards.

Sunday we went to Corey's second softball game. The team they played was pretty well matched with us. The only problem was one of their pitchers had some amazing power, and no control. She hit 4 of our girls. One girl had to get a pinch runner. It was insane. A new thing was our umpire let us steal first on a dropped 3rd strike. Corey struck out and went to 1st, but was mad at the strike out. Anyway, we don't know if that rule will stand up in the future games. It seriously confused our girls.

No comments: